Arval Portugal Commits to the European Road Safety Charter for the coming three years with actions focused on the two following areas:
• We will include road safety tips in the car user manual guide. These tips will be about wearing a seatbelt, alcohol usage, usage of lower gears, maintenance checks and will generally have a preventive focus. We will also promote these tips through mailing campaigns and on the company website.
• We will create partnerships with Car safety Training specialists to improve / change our Drivers behaviour. We will organise sessions that will aim to reduce both employee´s and customer´s accident frequencies, rates and consequently our costs. Our commitment is under a common lever: driver behaviour impacts strongly the vehicle TCO (Total Cost of Ownership). As a shadow effect but also quite important is the labour impact meaning absence of the employees if this variable is not managed.
• We will encourage Arval Sales Managers to advise Prospects & Clients on Safety issues in proposing the best safety equipment on the car (ABS, airbags…) –This will take place in coordination with our sales approach, based on the vehicle and fleet TCO (Total Cost of Ownership), we have developed internal tools to support our advice to customers. Concretely, the variable “safety”, will be supported in the car equipment and included in our recommendation to customers.
• We will increase the frequency of our regular check-up & maintenance of the fleet (internal and external).
• We will communicate reminders to the clients / drivers to maintain as well and often as possible their cars. This will take place in line with our external communications tools – newsletters, emailing’s and Fleet/Business reviews – we frequently advise and alert customers and drivers (through fleet managers) on this matter. And of course on our website www.arval.pt.