What are you doing/aiming to do for road safety?
- We will organise 100 traffic road education workshops for 100 schools in Romania by the end of 2007.
We will involve 15,000 schoolchildren between the ages 6 and 14 years by introducing a weekly one-hour programme to teach them about road safety.
- 1.We will continue to organise, on a national level, the yearly Road Traffic Education, Education for Life contest, in five stages. Around 30,000 pupils aged between 6 and 14 years are involved in this contest, which includes bicycle theory and practice.
- We will launch the national campaign for child safety in cars during the second half of 2007, together with the FIFA Foundation. We will promote car safety equipment, such as child restraint systems, to ensure their safety in the event of an accident.
The campaign will be developed nationwide, and will be promoted mainly through 200,000 brochures and posters.
- We will contribute to the promotion of proper road conduct and ensure that drivers help one another and communicate for road safety purposes. We will produce 250,000 leaflets, 100,000 stickers, 10,000 posters and three short movies.
Messages will be as follows:
- Drivers should help each other when in danger.
- Drivers should avoid causing any traffic hazards.