As active participants in road infrastructure planning, design, construction and maintenance it is logical for us to create conditions for its safe usage. From our point of view the main problems are the quality and maintenance of road infrastructure. Therefore we will join the European Road Safety Charter for the next three years with the following initiatives:
1. Initiation of joint cooperation with the Association of Road Safety aiming at uniting the efforts of the companies - manufacturers, suppliers and contractors of road safety infrastructural utilities.
2. Including in the plan of the Department of Engineering Infrastructure events related to road safety - organization of seminars, conferences, presentations and national and international field visits with the aim of improving the competence in road safety of the companies with activities in the construction sector.
3. Use of international experience - exploration and examination of international experience and good practices in road safety in order to obtain useful information that we can provide to our member companies. This action will:
- Improve their professional competence and qualification in road safety
- Inform them about new legislation, European directives and regulations of road safety
- Create contacts and initiate cooperation on European and international level between similar entities, organizations or institutions to exchange ideas, experience, knowledge and information in road safety.