Gefyra S.A. renews its commitment to the European Road Safety Charter for the next three years by:
1. Distributing questionnaires to drivers (more than 70.000 leaflets), asking their opinion on road safety issues (the questionnaire will be divided in three categories: Road Safety, Road Network Condition, Traffic Police presence-actions).
2. Deliver Seminars to university students on road safety on frequent intervals.
3. Run an Eco - driving campaign: Press Conference - Leaflets, notepads and T-Shirts distribution from the toll stations of the Rion-Antirion Bridge, providing info on "green" and safe driving.
4. Continue to participate in the "Coalition for the Safety and the Courtesy on Road", an initiative undertaken by I.O.AS (Panos Mylonas Road Safety Institute), Gefyra S.A, Attiki Odos S.A, Cosmote, Diageo Hellas and Genesis Pharma. The common objective of all members of this newly established but promising initiative is to support and promote activities on issues that promote road safety, traffic education, study, research, informing and educating citizens, aiming to prevent and reduce road accidents.
5. Along with I.O.AS host the 22nd of March every year as the Day of Regional Action for the Road Safety. A Press Conference will be given and honorary guests such as Mrs. Isabelle Kardacz, Head of Road Safety Unit of the E.U have previously attended. The Press Conference for the first Day of Regional Action for the Road Safety was the "starting point" of representatives of the Hellenic Parliament, the Western Greece Regional Authority, the academic community, the Prefectural and Local administration, the Technological Chamber of Greece, the Hellenic Institute of Transportation Engineers and Traffic Police officers on the Bridge in order to commit to the following two points: firstly, to voluntarily assume the obligation of constant collaboration and secondly, to assume the responsibility of providing and account of the actions taken one year later, on the same date and at the same place.
6. Continue to participate in ceremonies for the award of the Traffic Police Officer of the Year, an initiative undertaken by I.O.AS.
7. Continue to run Lifestyle events dedicated to Road Safety. An example was that on the 22nd of May 2010 2.500 Harley Davidson Motorcycles crossed the Bridge, respecting the Road Safety Rules, breaking the record of the most massively safe crossing of Harley Davidson Riders from a cable stayed bridge.
8. Continue to distribute road safety leaflets from their toll stations, created by the company, the Ministry of Infrastructure, Transport and Networks, Universities, etc
9. Continue to organize seminars to their personnel on road safety issues. Furthermore information will be provided through the internal publication (magazine published every trimester) of the company.
10. Continue to provide information -via our website- on Road Safety Rules while crossing the Rion-Antirion Bridge.