As a movement for sustainable mobility, we are active in areas of:
- Knowledge development and dissemination (research and education)
- Social activation (campaigns and advocacy)
We focus on different social groups (mainly groups, schools, segments such as children, elderly...), including policy makers.
Road Safety is one of our three cluster operations.
We will sign the European Road Safety Charter with the following campaigns:
- 'Sam De Verkeerslang' (Sam the Traffic snake) campaign: This campaign aims to give children the chance to go to school in a safe and environmentally friendly way. The campaign consists of a game complemented with information on mobility and traffic. This campaign reaches 230,000 students, 189,500 families and 17,040 teachers every year.
- 'Meester op de fiets' (Master on the bike): training in safe biking skills
- Map of safe school routes: mapping safe school routes
- 'Red de stoep' (Safe the sidewalk): campaign about accessibility for pedestrians
- 'Fietsvriendinnen' (Biking girlfriends): bike skills practice for immigrant women
Our campaigns are supported by hundred thousands of publications: brochures, campaign banners, guidelines…