If you work together with external partners, list the most important partners and briefly describe their role.
• COSMOLEARN is the company that provides the Moodle based e-Learning system. With Blackboard Collaborate, a browser-based virtual classroom solution built for education, institutions have a reliable, simple and convenient tool that seamlessly integrates with Moodle.
• Among the most successful e-Learning programs of COSMOLEARN is the “DIGITAL PARENTS ACADEMY”. It is an interactive program, in cooperation with the cyber-crime investigator, Mr. Sfakianakis, for parents with children of all ages, analyzing the hazards of the internet and using a combination of preventative measures to stay safe when browsing the web. Another one is the GDPR program for Alpha Bank employees.
• COSMOLEARN provides the codes for the participants (the use of codes ensures the anonymity of students) to enter the seminar and navigate.
• Finally, COSMOLEARN provides a technical support before and after the online seminar and collects the questionnaires in order to be evaluated by them.
What problem did you address/are you addressing?
The educational program “Eyes Open on the Road: The e-Learning Edition” is a program that was conceived to cover the rapidly evolving learning environment and to adapt to the needs of today’s students all over Greece, especially in the province and the islands. Its previous form was an interactive seminar with a specialist lecturer on road safety issues and was a huge success (more than 10.000 students have participated by the end of 2018). Many schools do not have the required equipment i.e. mainly fast internet connection or the sufficient number of PCs. There are some schools that only a few PCs are available for over 100 students. “Attikes Diadromes A.E.” tries to help these school units by offering them new PCs, when possible.
What are your objectives?
1) To create and fund educational programs that aim at improving people’s driving behavior and educating future drivers. 2) To create awareness on road safety issues among passengers, bikers, motorists and young drivers.
Describe the characteristics of your target audience
The target group of the particular educational program is High School students and its aim is for adolescents and young adults to learn about the basic principles of road safety as passengers, bikers, motorists and young drivers.
Is there a plan for continuing these activities in the coming years?
Our long-term objective is to help reduce road accidents involving our target audiences, such as primary school children and adolescents. Thus, we keep on funding and currying on four (4) educational programs. ATTACHMENT .2.
How did you disseminate/are you disseminating results or how did you promote/are you promoting your initiative?
The program "Eyes Open on the Road” goes online.
• The e-Learning edition of the program has been forwarded to private schools, as a pilot program, after receiving the approval of the Chairman of the Greek Private Primary and Secondary Schools. The relevant feedback will be provided upon request.
• Also, the e-Learning edition of the program is channeled to public schools, through the circulars of the Greek Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs, in order to be on the curriculum from the beginning of the new school year (2019-2020).
How did you evaluate/are you evaluating the success of your action?
Evaluation questionnaires (before and after the seminar) from the students who participated online will be collected. The relevant feedback will be statistically processed in order to obtain the results on the project, to evaluate the knowledge the students have acquired through it and for further improvements, if any.
Who carried/carries out the evaluation activities?
Name of the external evaluator
When did/will you carry out the evaluation?
Before and after the intervention
Please list the indicators you use to measure success
• The number of students who will attend the online educational program and complete all sessions. • The results of the scores (out of 100) before and after the educational program that indicate the knowledge acquired from the participants.
Please describe the evaluation tools you use (i.e. surveys, interviews, focus groups, etc.)
Evaluation questionnaires: These questionnaires will collect data on the schools where the project will be implemented and through them we will evaluate the knowledge the students acquire for road safety issues.