What are you doing/aiming to do for road safety?
We renew the existing campaign by adding new activities in cooperation with other Organizations and regularly transmit the campaign messages.
The strategic goals of the Institute are:
- Contribute to the reduction of road accidents.
- Map, evaluate and propose or undertake correctional measures of the national and local road system.
- Sensitize the public and private Bodies as well as the Media in matters of Road Safety.
- Train the volunteers.
- Improve the knowledge for Road Safety.
- Share and disseminate the best practices and methods.
- Propose effective measures to the Government through our participation to the National Road Safety Council and maintain the high recognition of the Institute from the society and the stakeholders.
In order to meet its goals, the Institute will:
- Produce 2 campaigns for the major Television, Radio stations and popular Internet sites, as well as 2 and 4 campaigns respectively for local Television and Radio stations. We will also publish every month in magazines, newspapers, and popular blogs that address more than 400 thousands citizens in total.
- Inform more than 2 million citizens during the events of the Institute.
- Take actions to inform schools and Universities through educational programs for Road Safety.
- Organize yearly the activity, "European Nights without Accidents" in night clubs/bars and on a national basis twice a year in at least 15 clubs.
- Organize an international Conference for Road Safety.
- Award scholarship to the best student of the Mechanical & Aeronautical Engineers Department of the University of Patras.
- Award specific contributors for Road Safety such as the Traffic Police Officer of the Year, Best Volunteer, etc.
- Participate in the Actions for Vulnerable, Elderly, Novice drivers and road Users in Europe project which is implemented under the supervision of the Directorate -General for Mobility & Transport.
Our campaign will start from the Beginning of January 2010 and go on until the beginning of 2013.