Arval Romania commits to the European Road Safety Charter for the coming three years with the following actions:
1) We will analyze statistics and figures related to damages and use them to implement measures for safer driving.
2) Special training for our employees with the aim of improving their driving skills and to encourage and follow their improvement thanks to analysis send to them twice a year.
3) To reduce the number of accidents and to teach Arval drivers (users) how to drive safe and eco friendly we will provide a training tool-Drive4Life. This training is focused on the following issues: safety driving & eco-driving.
4) We will launch new tool to help fleet managers to control behavior of their drivers. The new tool is based on telematic solution. The system collects data on fuel consumption and mileage but also alerts on speeding, everything related to driver behavior generating score-cards.
5) To improve safety of the drivers of Arval vehicles in case of vehicle failure we offer free of charge application for Smartphones and iPhones, Arval Mobile. Using this application it is easy for drivers to find a service point for maintenance or repair work or to organize a tyre change. They can also handle an emergency instantly or plan an intervention whenever and wherever they wish.
6) To continue to improve drivers' awareness of road safety by publishing articles on our dedicated website www.drive4life.ro. The articles to be focused on topics such as: seasonal driving safety tips, how to prepare car for winter / summer season, importance of checking the vehicle and many other.
We want to be involeved in this action because one of our strategic direction within CSR is to educate our clients towards driving behaviour and most important of all we want to decrease the number of accidents.
- 8 people die on the Romanian roads every day
- over 25 more are seriously injured every day