Kato Polemidia Municipality commits to ensure a coordination of actions necessary to implement a road safety strategic plan that contains concrete actions and measures and a monitoring of the results of the project.
1. Ensure a concrete budget for a modern, safe road network.
2. Orderly policing and punishing road offenders with fines.
3. Identification of hazardous locations in the road network and remove the causes of risk.
4. A public information campaign for the care and proper operation of vehicles in circulation, the proper implementation of traffic rules by both drivers and pedestrians though of traffic education. Organization of seminars, publications in local newspaper.
5. Reconstruction and repair of sidewalks.
6. Installation of traffic lights at dangerous intersections.
7. Construction of elevated crossings near schools.
8. The City Council is considering a plan to upgrade the lighting of all roads and pedestrian crossings, as well as the creation of new crossings.
9. Policing by traffic wardens outside of schools.
10. Creation of new parking places to prevent dangerous parking.
11. Continuous policing by Municipal Traffic Wardens and imposition of fines for illegal parking.
For every action that requires material we will produce, 7000 informative booklets, 7000 advertising leaflets, 5 banners and press releases in newspapers