1. Developing a concept of ‘students participation in traffic solutions’.
-Testing methods and collecting data in collaboration with three schools. We have tested a method of dialogue suitable for students which is ‘temporary physical installation’ e.g. temporary cycle tracks or ‘fun walking tracks to school’. The formal evaluation report is attached.
2. Visual promotion of our method
- We have produced a video documentary in order to visualize what our method is about. The video tells the story of what students are capable of when they are trusted.
3. Implementing the method on a larger scale.
- We are working in the municipality of Odense and Svendborg to implement our method on a larger scale. The coming year we will be working in at least 10 schools.
- We are working with a private engineering company to combine our method with their technical expertise to give a qualitative input to mostly quantitative analysis of school roads.
- We are at the beginning of a project that will implement our method in new regions of Denmark. Also we will be developing a concept to target a handful of schools with seminars and a manuals to help teachers carry out a project on their own.